Monday, November 8, 2010

Time constraints

School's a bitch, and doesn't make for the best schedule when an individual like myself has many other creative tasks to fulfill.

This whole podcasting and blogging stuff is always at the top of my mind, and it has really become a part of who I am. Not just in the sense that my brand -- KillTheMusic, KillTheRob, KillTheTech, KillTheWhatever -- is what represents my online presence, but rather that the whole online communication, writing, setting my own schedule, and ultimately doing exactly what I want to do and talk about the things that I want to talk about, as well as the idea that people may purposefully seek out possibly gain something from my efforts? That means more to me than anything in the world right now.

But anyways, while I cannot completely set all my time and effort toward the things that I wish, I'm stuck relegating every second I can to this podcast in tiny increments.

I've been working on a complex riff, which combined with some fairly complex drum parts, make for a great piece that would work well to show off to your friends. However, its taking me just about forever for it to come together. Soon more episodes will follow, even if they are simple licks that don't require an entire orchestra of instruments -- just me, my guitar and a video camera should suffice. Metal is what I do, however, and so without proper drum backing, sometimes the proper context of the riff seems out-of-whack.

Expect more soon, as my schoolwork can finally take a chill pill and lay down in the backseat of my life. But priorities are priorities, man.

No comments:

Post a Comment